Winter 2021 Service Changes
Winter 2021 service updates will start on Sunday, January 31. These minor service updates will become effective for OKC and Norman bus service. Updates include slight schedule changes to 005, 023, and 024. Other changes include the removal/addition of stops on routes 002, 009, 011, 23N, and 121. The updates are intended to make service more reliable and are the result of operator and customer feedback. To share feedback on routes, schedules, and EMBARK services, submit ideas in writing any time at the Transit Center, through https://embarkok.com/connect/service-center, or during business hours by calling 405-235-RIDE (7433).
Winter 2021 Service Updates
- Route 002
- Change: Remove stop 3977 on the NW corner of MLK and 23 St.
- Objective: Improve on-time performance (OTP) and over all safety of route operation (Not yet physically removed – but is removed from schedule).
- Route 005
- Change: Remove three minutes away from outbound to 23 St. and move it to the stretch from Western and Wilshire to Hefner and Western.
- Objective: Improve on-time performance (OTP) and overall safety of route operation.
- Route 009
- Change: Add new stop 4235 on the south side of General Pershing west of Villa (Currently finishing install).
- Objective: Serve Mark Twain elementary school.
- Route 011
- Change: Move stop 242 to north side of Park on Robinson.
- Objective: Make stop more easily accessible during construction.
- Route 023
- Change: Add a westbound trip on weekdays. Weekday service for this route will now end at 7:20 pm instead of 6:50 pm.
- Objective: Better serve customers accessing Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
- Route 23N
- Change: Move stop 2888 north of the Automobile Alley Streetcar stop on Broadway.
- Objective: Allow for easier connection to other transit routes.
- Route 024
- Change: Add three inbound and three outbound stops.
- Add Stop 4119 inbound at Main and Berry (Norman High).
- Add Stop 4137 outbound at Main and Berry (Norman High).
- Add Stop 4139 inbound on the west side of Webster north of Eufaula.
- Add Stop 4175 outbound on the east side of Webster south of Eufaula.
- Add Stop 4135 outbound from route 110 on the south side of Main St.
- Add Stop 4236 inbound on the north side of Main St. at the Jewelry store (Not physically added yet – but is added to schedule).
- Objective: Improve customer convenience of express route.
- Route 121 (Norman)
- Change: Remove stop 4216 on Robinson and Berry.
- Objective: Improve ADA accessibility of the Norman transit system. This stop is not currently ADA accessible.(Not yet physically removed – but is removed from schedule).
Permanent Route Changes (as a result of the new OKC Boulevard)
- Trip to Transit Center from Garage – From SW 15th and Miller: East on 15th to Penn. North on Penn to Exchange. NE on Exchange to SW 3rd. East on 3rd to Western. North on Western to NW 4th. East on 4th to the Transit Center.
- Trip to Garage from Transit Center – Exit Transit Center onto NW 4th. West to Classen. South to Reno. West to Kline. South to Exchange. SW to Penn. South to SW 15th. West to Miller. South to SW 18th. West to Garage.
- Route 13 and 16 Inbound Only – Regular route to SW 3rd and Lee. North on Lee to The Oklahoma Boulevard. East on OK BLVD. to Walker. North on Walker and resume route.
- Route 15 Inbound Only – Westbound from I-40. Exit 151A at Oklahoma City Boulevard. West to EK Gaylord, North on Gaylord to Sheridan, West on Sheridan to Robinson and resume regular route.
- Route 24 Inbound Only – Northbound from I-35. Exit 125 C at Oklahoma City Boulevard. West on OKC Boulevard to Robinson and resume regular route.