4/19 - Effective immediately, masks are not required to use EMBARK's buses, streetcars, ferries, or access the Transit Center.

EMBARK Awarded U.S. Department of Transportation Grant to Build New Ferry Landing for Oklahoma River Cruise

August 6, 2020

EMBARK Awarded U.S. Department of Transportation Grant to Build New Ferry Landing for Oklahoma River Cruise

Rollin’ on the River! EMBARK has been awarded a grant to add a new Oklahoma River Cruise landing at the First Americans Museum. This new landing will increase transit connectivity, accessibility, and traffic to the highly anticipated museum and surrounding area.

The Passenger Ferry Grant program is provided by the U.S. Department of Transportation and provides funding to support passenger ferry systems in urbanized areas across America. The competitive grant offers an 80:20 funding ratio, with 80% of funding, over $4 million, coming from the grant and the other 20% provided by the City of Oklahoma City and the American Indian Cultural Center Land Development. Our application was one of only 12 in the nation selected to receive funding! 

The landing grant is the largest award Oklahoma River Services has received since its inception in 2007. To date, EMBARK has received over $8 million in competitive grant awards to improve public transit around Oklahoma City.

Though not available for public use until summer 2021, our Oklahoma River Cruises have expanded in popularity and locations. In addition to the upcoming landing at First Americans Museum, customers will also be able to enjoy other enhancements such as a new landing at Stockyards City, a pavilion at Meridian Landing and improvements to the Regatta Park plaza and landing. 

The First Americans Museum is a new, world-class attraction and facility celebrating the culture and history of the 39 tribal nations in Oklahoma, scheduled to . Our future ferry landing will be the first to service the museum along the Oklahoma River. 

Oklahoma River Cruises service seven miles of the Oklahoma River via ferry transit and offers three boats to take guests to one of the five landings along the river. With theme nights, specialty charters and private cruises, Oklahoma River Cruise is the premier way to travel the Oklahoma River. 

For more information about the First Americans Museum, visit https://famok.org/. For more details about EMBARK’s Ferry service visit, https://okrivercruises.com.

Email Updates

1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 22 23 24 38 40